Sunday, November 30, 2014

Prayer

We have been learning about prayer in my Sunday School class.  I can honestly say I'm missing a lot of content because my younger son needs me.  He had transitioned well from the kindergarten classes to the 1st-3rd grade classes but when public school started up... well lets just say I think he displaces a lot of stress.  Sundays are no longer going well.  I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat or anything but I do tend to hear the cry of the little lost lamb.  It always reminds me of how My Heavenly Father hears the bleating of his lost sheep and The Good Shepherd goes to find them.  Likewise I go to my little son.  It doesn't matter what started it.  My little lamb is distraught and hysterically crying.  Usually in response to correction or not getting what he wants.  That part is typical of all children but my little boy has bigger reactions and often skewed perception of what happened to start it all.

When all this started when he was 3 years old, people were quick to offer me book titles on child rearing and discipline; appropriate verses; and prayers.  It's the natural inclination to think I'm not being consistent.  I thought I was doing something wrong too.  I mean the ADHD was inherited from somewhere.  Next we think it must be sin.  He just needs to have salvation.  But... there is nothing I can do about that. God's perfect timing isn't like hitting a milestone and it really is something a bit more than that.  I can't say what the solution is.  I don't have it yet.  God hasn't given it to me.  I'm waiting and praying.  I'm pouring out all the love and grace and mercy that I have because it was given to me by My Father.

"And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved." 2 Cor 12:15

How can I pray for you? Leave me your prayer requests in the comments.  I'll pray for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

and now we hear from you...