Saturday, November 29, 2014

36 Days of Awesome!

I'm in a nice small ladies group on Facebook for encouragement and accountability in our weight loss efforts.  I'd tell you the name of it but then I'd have to kill you, just kidding.  It's an intimate site and wouldn't be so if I went blabbing.  I encourage you to find or create you own intimate support group with your friends.  It doesn't have to be a special needs group.  Just a bunch of busy ladies who want to stay in shape, exercise more, lose weight, and eat healthier.

However, you can still do the 36 Days of Awesome too.  It's a Runner's World activity.  The Hashtag for it is #RWRunStreak.  I will be running or walking.  Lets face it.  Special needs working motherhood is quite busy.  However, I get it in counts.  36 miles or more between now and New Year's.  10,000 steps on a pedometer is 3miles.  That is the recommended number of steps in a day.  I know from wearing my pedometer that my new job that has more desk bound duties does not get me moving enough.  10,000 steps was easy.  It was nothing when I was running around all day training clients on new jobs, hitting up employers for jobs, and checking in on my employed clients.  Times have changed and not I must be more consistent with my exercise plan.  I can't wing it anymore.

My oldest son is going to do this too.  For him I know he walks a 30m mile so 30m of walking will count as his mile. Slow and steady wins the race!

So here is our progress so far....
Day 1: Nada.  It was late before I decided and we were still full of Turkey. 
Day 2: Spent 3 hours at the Aquarium.  I'd guess 2 hours of that was walking.  I checked out a wheelchair because of sensory shut down so ... Mom +1mile, D +1/2 mile.  Then later I got on the treadmill because my back isn't used to pushing 150 pounds.  Walked and read some Elizabeth Elliot. Mom +1 1/2 mile.
Day 3: Today isn't over yet.  My oldest son isn't feeling 100% but he went and did some bowling and such.  D +1.5 mile   He's got tummy trouble if you'd like to pray for him.  I went shopping to get quotes for my oldest son's bed.  I'd estimate Mom +1 mile but I'll probably use the treadmill later too.

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12: 1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment

and now we hear from you...